- Docker is a container technology, a tool for creating and managing containers.
Docker/container vs Virtual Machine/OPS
- problems with VMs: wastes of space and tends to be slow.
- containers: separate containers(small packages instead of “whole machines”) run in Docker Engine in OS Built-in.(It’s light weight).
Images and Containers
- Images are blueprints/templates of containers.
- docker ps -a
- docker run -it node
- run vs CMD: CMD runs based on the image created.
- docker build => docker run -p 3000:80 xxxxxx(auto created ID) => docker stop
- docker build . (build new images)
- docker –help
- docker start xxxxx(container name)
- docker attach CONTAINER (-d detach mode)
- docker rm
- docker images
- docker rmi